Tired of the same old boring recipes? Looking for healthy food that tastes good? Maybe you need some tips or motivation about living a healthy lifestyle or overcoming anxiety/depression/PTSD, or gut health? I’ve got just what you are looking for!
I try to live a healthy life and overcome my chronic illnesses with nutrition, supplements, and exercise. My goal is to inspire others to live their best life too. I am not a chef, nutritionist, expert or therapist but these are the tools that I have researched, been taught, and implement. After a lot of trial and error they work for me (although this journey is forever changing). I hope that sharing what I have learned will help others on their journey feel less alone and/or lost – because let’s face it, this journey can be lonely and scary at times. Please share your tips and tricks with me too! What better way is there to learn than from each other, right?!
Here are some facts about me:
- My name is Melissa Dinner, yes dinner like the meal.
- I am a wife to an amazing man and a mother to four wonderful children.
- My children all have names that begin with the letter J. My girls have the same initials (JSD) and my boys have the same initials (JRD). Jordan, Jason, Jacob, and Jillian. Clearly once I find a theme that I like, I stick with it! haha
- I had my fourth child at home in my bath tub, with the assistance of a midwife. I also cloth diapered my children too. I was pretty “crunchy” or “granola” way before it became mainstream.
- I have two dogs: a yorkie named Austin and a pit bull/pointer mix named Penelope.
- I am a fitness enthusiast and work out at home (because, social anxiety).
- I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis when I was 22 years old. I chose to manage it naturally with diet and supplements.
- I was diagnosed with leaky gut in October 2016 and have been trying to heal ever since.
- My third child, Jacob, was diagnosed with PDD-NOS when he was 2.5 years old. He has come SO FAR on his journey and has overcome most of his delays. He has his quirks, but who doesn’t?!
- I LOVE elephants.
- My life goal is to live on a small farm and run an animal sanctuary so that animals can live free and with love and peace.
- I want to adopt a pig ASAP.
- I was a vegan and/or vegetarian for five years up until winter 2017. The truth is that I do NOT enjoy eating animal protein and try to limit it to once a day.