Confession: I might have a slight cauliflower rice addiction. I can eat it just plain with nothing on it. I love it THAT much. My husband likes a little more flavor that that though so I do have to make actual recipes with it every once in a while. LOL! This cauliflower rice fried rice is pretty comparable to the real deal. I’m not going to lie and say that it is exactly the same but I can tell you that you won’t be wishing you were having regular rice while you are eating it. The cauliflower takes on the flavor of the soy sauce and keeps it’s firm texture (as long as you don’t over cook it!).
You can read more about how to make cauliflower rice here.
- 1 large head cauliflower, riced (see directions in above)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
- 2 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat one tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Sauté peppers, onions, white parts of green onions, and zucchini until softened. Move the vegetables over to make room to scramble the eggs.
- If needed, add the other tablespoon of oil to the pan. Scramble the eggs and then mix into the vegetable mixture.
- Stir in cauliflower rice, stir 1-2 minutes. Add in soy sauce and stir to evenly distribute the sauce, 1-2 minutes.
- Divide between bowls and top with green onions.