Cauliflower ‘rice’ stuffed peppers? Don’t mind if I do! I was a little hesitant to use cauliflower rice in these peppers because I thought the ‘rice’ might just end up mushy. I normally stuff my peppers with quinoa or gluten free pasta so this was unchartered territory for me. I am happy to report that the cauliflower held it’s texture and was delicious. These peppers leave you feeling full but not stuffed, like a healthy full.
You can read more about how to make cauliflower rice here.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup halved grape tomotoes
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 egg (optional)
- 4 red bell peppers, halved and seeds/ribs removed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute tomatoes and garlic until the tomatoes soften, 10 minutes. Wilt in spinach.
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, spinach, cauliflower rice and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into each pepper half, making sure to really press it in so they are stuffed.
- Bake until peppers are softened and cauliflower filling begins to turn golden brown, 30-40 minutes.