These savory pancakes are loaded with vegetables and are so good topped with guacamole, scallions, and diced red bell peppers. I’m having a love affair with guacamole this week- don’t judge me!
Mexican Skillet Cakes
Write a review
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, divided into teaspoons
- guacamole, store bought or homemade
- diced red peppers
- green onions (half of what is listed above)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté peppers, onions, and zucchini until softened, 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add flour, chili powder, egg, and half of the green onions to the vegetables.
- Heat one teaspoon oil in the skillet. Pour dollops of batter into the pan, making 4 cakes at a time, let them cook for 4 minutes per side until golden brown. Use the last teaspoon of oil to make the last 4 cakes.
- Top with guacamole, diced peppers, and green onions.
- adapted from www.glutenfreehappytummy.blogspot.com