My most utilized kitchen gadget has to be my spiralizer. I bought it on Amazon 6 months go and it was the best $30 I ever spent. Of course you can purchase a less expensive version but I knew that if I was going to get one I wanted it to be the cadillac of spiralizers. Because that’s just how I roll! The one I have suction cups to the counter top and has a crank, plus different blade attachments for different noodle sizes. That’s what I’m talking about!
Anyway, zucchini noodles have become a staple in my home and this was the first recipe I ever made with them. It was love at first bite. Give it a try and let me know what you think! The key to making perfect zucchini noodles (to me anyway) is to bake them in the oven and let them sweat out the moisture. I don’t want watery mushy noodles. I want them to taste as close to the real deal as possible! It takes a little bit longer to prepare this way but it is so worth it, I promise!
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled
- Sea Salt
- 10 ounces Pesto (homemade or store bought- I buy organic, Non-GMO)
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Spiralize the zucchini onto a paper towel lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the noodles with sea salt. Bake them for 30 minutes to let the moisture sweat out. Remove the tray from the oven and let them cool slightly so you can handle them without burning your hands. Place the noodles in a clean paper towel and squeeze as much liquid out as you can. Taste one of the noodles to see if it is your desired doneness. If not, cook longer in the oven. I like my noodles al dente so the noodles are perfect for me at this point.
- Toss the zucchini noodles with your pesto sauce. Divide the noodles between two bowls.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the coconut oil. Cook the eggs according to your preference- I make mine fried or over easy. Place two eggs on each bowl. Enjoy!