Friday night pizza night, anyone? This pizza skips the traditional crust and uses thinly sliced potatoes instead. It’s kind of like a potato skin but better. These make fancy appetizers at parties too. They are vegan and gluten/grain free.
Potato Crust Pizzas with roasted vegetables
Write a review
- 2 Idaho potatoes, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups marinara sauce, homemade or store bought
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- cashew ricotta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
For cashew ricotta
- 1/2 cup whole unsalted raw cashews
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup water for blending
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a bowl combine cashews, garlic, and boiling water. Let soak for at least 20 minutes. Drain and place in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, adding 1/4 cup of water until it reaches a ricotta like consistency. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of potato slices with olive oil. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roast until golden brown and crisp, 20-25 minutes.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast until tender and golden, 25-30 minutes.
- Put a thin layer of sauce on each potato crust. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of cashew ricotta over sauce then top with roasted vegetables. Bake for 10 minutes until heated through.