When I find a recipe that works, I try to make it as many ways as I can. I will stuff any vegetable that is stuffable with quinoa. I don’t think stuffable is a real word, but you get the point! Quinoa is the perfect alternative to pasta because it has a great texture that can stand up to sauce and vegetables. If you are not vegan or dairy free, melt some mozzarella cheese on top. Serve with bread and a salad and you have the perfect Sunday night dinner!
- 4 zucchini, halved and flesh scooped out
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dry cooked with 2 cups water)
- 2 cups marinara sauce, homemade or store bought
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a parchment lined baking sheet with olive oil. Place zucchini halves cut side down on baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine quinoa and 1.5 cups of hot marinara sauce. Stir in spinach until it wilts. Stuff each zucchini with quinoa mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes until heated through. Top with extra sauce.