This recipe combines two of my favorite things: sweet potatoes and quinoa. They are full of flavor and nutrients! These are perfect to make ahead too since they reheat perfectly. Plus, the quinoa tastes amazing cold as a salad too!
Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Write a review
- 4 sweet potatoes, washed and baked
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Prepare your sweet potatoes by either roasting them in the oven or popping them in the microwave until tender. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan combine quinoa, water, onion powder, garlic powder, and spinach. Bring to a boil then reduce and let simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 15 minutes. Stir in cranberries.
- Split each sweet potato in half and top with quinoa mixture. Garnish with sliced almonds.