One night I made roasted vegetable tacos for my husband and I was torn about what to do since I was eating minimals grains at that time. Should I eat the filling in lettuce cups? Couldn’t do that since I didn’t have any lettuce in the house. Should I just eat it plain? That sounds boring. Then it hit me: cauliflower rice! I love cauliflower rice. When I know I am going to be making at least one dish with it I always rice a big batch. Let’s face it, it’s a messy process so I only want to do the clean up once. Then during the week I use it to for lunch and dinner. I roasted up some real quick in the oven and used it as my base for my tacos. And that is how roasted vegetables cauliflower rice bowls came to be.
You can read more about how to make cauliflower rice here.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- guacamole, store bought or homemade
- 1 tomato, diced
- optional: hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss peppers, onions, and zucchini with olive oil. Spread in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Roast until golden, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into florets. Pulse in your food processor in small batches until it resembles rice. Spread out in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until tender, 10 minutes.
- Divide rice between two bowls. Top with roasted vegetables and garnish with guacamole, tomatoes, and optional hot sauce.