If there is one thing I cannot live without it would be roasted chickpeas. I love them, my husband loves them, and my kids are always eating them too. They are perfect to have as as a snack but they are also perfect to add to salads and soups. They give you the nice crunch you are looking for and easily replace croutons. They can stay in the refrigerator for 3-4 days but I doubt they would last that long because you will not be able to stop eating them.
- 1 14 ounce can organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a mixing bowl combine chickpeas, oil, salt, garlic, and pepper. Toss to coat all of the chickpeas. Spread in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven until the chickpeas start to become golden, 20-25 minutes. It is important to keep checking on them every so often because they burn quickly. They go from being fine one minute to black in the next.
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 3-4 days.