When I started eating eggs again one of the first recipes I made was traditional egg drop soup. Growing up that was my favorite soup ever. I loved when we got Chinese food for dinner. Fast forward to now and my addiction with zucchini noodles. Why not combine the two? YES! This soup is light yet filling at the same time. It is really simple to make and as long as you prepare the noodles the way I do, it is like having rice noodles.
You can read more about making the perfect zucchini noodles here.
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and spiralized
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 bunch green onions, whites and greens chopped and separated
- Prepare the zucchini noodles by following the directions I posted above.
- Meanwhile, in a large soup pot combine stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, and white parts of green onions. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in eggs using a fork to create ribbons of egg. Cook 1-2 minutes until eggs are set.
- Divide zucchini noodles between two bowls and cover with eggs and broth. Top with green onions.