You should all know by now that I have a serious addiction to my spiralizer. Like, borderline obsessed. It is my favorite kitchen gadget EVER! My only regret is that I wish I had gotten it sooner. I daydream about what fruits and vegetables I can spiralize. I’m not even joking. Pathetic? Maybe, but you are probably thanking me now that you are seeing all of these amazing recipes! Right?
This lo mein is out of this world. We basically inhaled it. It was one of those meals where you don’t even talk because you don’t want to miss any opportunity to taste this deliciousness. You can add chicken, beef, or tofu to bump up the protein but it was very filling and satisfying as is.
There is only ONE way you should prepare zucchini noodles. They come out perfect every single time. You can find the directions here: Perfect Zucchini Noodles
- 6 zucchini, ends trimmed and spiralized. Cook according to directions mentioned in post above.
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 8-ounce package white mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped- white parts for stir fry, save greens for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 cup organic soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot starch
- Cook zucchini noodles according to directions mentioned above.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté peppers, onions, and white parts of scallions until golden and tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a measuring cup or mixing bowl. Add to skillet, stirring constantly until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in zucchini noodles, using tongs to coat the noodles evenly with the sauce and heated through.
- Divide between bowls and garnish with the rest of the scallions.